Global clean energy solutions provider Gentari is committed to doing our part in solving the world’s most pressing sustainable energy needs: to change how we live today and help secure a better future, focusing on three key business pillars of Renewable Energy, Hydrogen and Green Mobility.
Gentari Australia, formerly Wirsol Energy, is amongst the leading players in the Renewable Energy sector in the Australian market, specialising in development, construction, asset management and maintenance of renewable energy projects across the country. Our growing portfolio comprises of solar & battery energy storage (BESS) across New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland
Helmed by a local team with deep understanding of the Australian energy landscape and supported by a leadership team with global energy expertise and a comprehensive portfolio built on innovation and growth, we are accelerating the transition to a more sustainable future, with benefits for all.
We’re expanding further and looking for an experienced Electrician to lead our works at Wemen Solar Farm, who will manage the site operations.
- Responsible for all site management; including all works such as preventative maintenance program, corrective maintenance, project requirements and other tasks as assigned.
- Promptly locate, respond to, and execute necessary repairs of faulty equipment to avoid downtime.
- Prepare documentation for works and site visits.
- Carry out necessary and appropriate additional work and retro-fittings for PV installations as required.
- Interface with, and management of subcontractors and other workers on site, including site inductions, daily pre-start meetings, on-site civil works.
- Mentor and lead in a hands-on hard-working team environment.
- Managing the company’s QHSE policies and procedures on site to ensure they are being adhered to.
- Review all procedures for the site, and advise on areas for improvements to optimise site operations.
- Reporting any breaches related to safety, site security or performance of the plant immediately to management in accordance with company procedures.
- Maintain the site maintenance programmes for all equipment.
- Ensure optimum stock levels of spares and consumables and tools for the site requirements, advising head office accordingly.
- Maintain accurate running hour reports, energy and fuel readings as required.
- Carry out mechanical and electrical repairs as necessary.
- Provide timely review of service-related paperwork and closing jobs.
- Support and process purchasing transactions for parts and other items as needed.
- Maintain and enhance relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Closely coordinate with central solar monitoring centre/ROC.
- Act as the key Gentari Solar Australia representative in the local community for the business and solar farm.
Skills and Experience Required
- Trade qualification as an electrician; supported by current A grade Electrical Licence
- HV Switching ticket – preferred
- Previous experience working with power generation and or similar industries;
- Excellent Electrical troubleshooting skills, with sound knowledge of solar farm installations/operations including SCADA systems, transformers, inverters, combiner boxes etc.
- Valid First Aid & Low Voltage Rescue / Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (LVR/CPR)
- Exceptional communication skills and experience dealing with internal and external stakeholders;
- Current driver’s licence, as well as current forklift licence;
- Planning, problem solving and coordination skills;
- Ability to work unsupervised.