Global clean energy solutions provider Gentari is committed to doing our part in solving the world’s most pressing sustainable energy needs: to change how we live today and help secure a better future, focusing on three key business pillars of Renewable Energy, Hydrogen and Green Mobility.
Gentari Australia, formerly Wirsol Energy, is amongst the leading players in the Renewable Energy sector in the Australian market, specialising in development, construction, asset management and maintenance of renewable energy projects across the country. Our growing portfolio comprises of solar & battery energy storage (BESS) across New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland
Helmed by a local team with deep understanding of the Australian energy landscape and supported by a leadership team with global energy expertise and a comprehensive portfolio built on innovation and growth, we are accelerating the transition to a more sustainable future, with benefits for all.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Head of HSEQ to lead the Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality function within the rapidly growing Renewable Energy market in Australia. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Head of HSEQ will be responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive HSEQ strategies, policies, and programs to ensure the highest standards of safety, environmental protection, and quality across all phases of project development, construction, and operation.
- HSEQ Leadership: Provide strategic direction and leadership to the HSEQ team, ensuring alignment with the company’s vision, values, and sustainability goals.
- Policy and Strategy Development: Develop and implement HSEQ policies, strategies, and initiatives that meet regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Risk Management: Identify, assess, and manage risks related to health, safety, environment, and quality aspects of project activities, while implementing mitigation plans to reduce potential
- Compliance and Reporting: Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety, environmental, and quality regulations and standards, and prepare accurate and timely reports for internal and external
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including regulatory bodies, contractors, and partners, to drive continuous improvement in HSEQ
- Training and Development: Design and implement training programs to enhance awareness and competence in HSEQ matters among project teams and staff.
- Incident Management Lead the investigation and analysis of incidents, accidents, and near misses, and develop strategies to prevent recurrence, noting that root cause analysis of any equipment failures will be lead by the technical teams.
- Performance Monitoring: Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor HSEQ performance across projects and drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Innovation: Stay updated on industry trends and technological advancements in HSEQ practices and integrate innovative solutions into company operations.
- You are responsible for providing technical advice to the management on all HSEQ topics, reporting directly to the CEO.
- You assess the working conditions as well as hazards and risks in the workplace and develop suitable preventive measures to reduce them.
- You define relevant HSEQ requirements for our staff, projects and subcontractors, including the maintenance and further development of our integrated management system.
- You are responsible for the digitalization and implementation of HSEQ software as well as HSEQ competence management.
- You analyse and report the relevant HSEQ KPIs and develop them further in a future-oriented
- Submit annual budgets for HSEQ (resources, consumables, training, and third-party services).
- Define the HSEQ team structure and headcount and advise on further growth required in the team as the business grows.
- Prepare the business HSEQ Plan as well as other HSEQ-related documentation such as the Emergency Preparedness & Response Plan.
- Participate HAZID Studies with the Project Engineering Team during conceptual and detailed
- Identify and establish the HSEQ Organisation; ensuring sufficient HSEQ resources are assigned within the business for each stage of the Projects (Development, Construction, Commissioning, and Operation).
- Ensure activities under the scope of WIRSOL follow legal and contractual HSEQ requirements as well as internal HSEQ requirements.
- Produce monthly reports to the CEO, board and the HSEQ counterpart in Gentari head office covering HSEQ KPIs activities.
- Propose HSEQ KPI’s for the Business and monitor, analyse and assign actions where KPIs deviate from the defined targets.
- Review HSEQ documentation from all WIRSOL Subcontractors and support Subcontractors to meet internal and Project HSEQ requirements.
- Monitor and secure the process for HSEQ reporting in the Project, including internal HSEQ reporting through local country organization including the global incident database.
- Initiate, plan, coordinate, and follow-up HSEQ audits on the Project involving WIRSOL scope of work and all other involved parties including compliance with legal and contractual requirements according to the Project HSEQ Plans.
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety, or a related field.
- Proven track record of at least 6 years in a senior HSEQ leadership role within the renewable energy, infrastructure, or construction sectors.
- In-depth understanding of health, safety, environment, and quality regulations, codes of practice, and standards relevant to the renewable energy industry.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with a demonstrated ability to inspire and lead cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills, including the ability to engage with regulatory authorities and external partners.
- Experience in risk assessment and mitigation strategies, incident investigation, and crisis
- Strategic mindset with the ability to translate vision into actionable plans and drive
- Professional certifications such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or equivalent, are
- A passion for sustainability and a strong commitment to promoting a culture of safety, environmental stewardship, and quality excellence.
- A commitment to sustainability and a passion for driving the transition to renewable
- Willingness to travel to project sites and meet with stakeholders as required
- Ability to work to your own initiative / self-
- Current driver’s license
- Australian Citizen or PR – working